Our guest this week is Graham Parker, Co-Founder and CEO at award winning platform Kontainers.
Listen in as Brian and Graham discuss:
- The differences between supply chain logistics systems in the US and the UK
- How a lot of people who get into the supply chain industry begin with dreams of global trade and currencies and maybe they picture something from a movie, but when they actually start the first day and see the pile of paperwork some of them don’t make it to lunch time. So — what was it about the logistics industry that made Graham stay?
- Who influenced Graham in his career
- What inspired Graham to create something new in the world of supply chain logistics
- Everything takes longer than you think (what Graham knows now that he wish he’d known when he started in supply chain logistics)
- The importance of setting appropriate expectations up front
- Whether venture capital investors are patient enough to support logistics projects that don’t yield return for several years
- Learning moments and challenges over the last 5 years
- Managing expectations allowed them to not grow too fast so that now they are in charge of the destiny of their business
- It’s easy to over-raise capital too early
- The importance of having senior management that understands the tech space as well as the freight space
- Whether or not a few mega-companies could corner the market in the freight industry like Amazon has done, or if there is room for several companies in the space
- The trajectory the freight and logistics industry should be taking in order to survive in the future
Learn More About Graham Parker and Kontainers: