Supporting Data Driven Supply Chains
Ligentia is a data and technology focused Freight Forwarding Firm driving supply chain innovation and efficiencies through smart teams and technology. Ligentia, a proprietary software, provides their customers with complete visibility 24/7 and relays complex data in simple and easy to understand formats.
When ingesting data from a variety of customers, there were major disparities in quality and file type, requiring custom development for nearly every customer and every job.
How Chain.io Helped
Ligentia Global connected with Chain.io to standardize and automate the data they recieved from customers into their WMS, enabling Ligentia to deploy projects to their customers faster than ever before and with fewer bugs.
Chain.io automates the following business processes for Ligentia:
- Receive PO from customer and load to core forwarder system
- Suppliers place bookings against the open PO and forwarder returns booking approved (pre-alert) to warehouse to get ready for receipt
- Once shipments arrive at the warehouse, return a goods received message from the warehouse
- Forwarder then create pick requests for warehouses with one to many pick tickets assigned to the warehouse
- Forwarder passes on a ship confirmation message back to the customer when the goods ship out of the warehouse
"Chain.io works as proxy to our customers, so if there are any nuances in the format of data we receive, we're confident Chain.io can handle any problems for us." - Joe Harrison, Head of Business Technology, Ligentia GlobalLearn How We Can Help Freight Forwarders